Sunday, August 15, 2010

Already Completed...

So I suppose I should talk about those goals I completed before starting this blog. To date, I have completed five goals:

#2 - Influence a person to make a day zero list - I peer pressured convinced Jenny Qu Hu that it was a great idea and she went for it! I have a hunch she'll really follow through, so it will have been a successful goal. Thanks, Jennayy!

#28 - Shop at a farmer's market - Mike, Dad, Marlene, and I went down to Union Square Farmers Market, which, at around 2 acres, and host to around 140 producers a week, is the biggest farmers market in NYC. We bought fresh blueberries, wheat bread, honey/orange/nut chevre, garlic, onions, green beans, yellow and green zucchini, and so much more. These amazingly fresh ingredients were used to make a variety of good eats, including Fried Zucchini and the most amazing Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins. Completing this goal was especially fun because not only did it allow me to spend time with my family, but Mike and I got to spend time together in the kitchen, which is one of my favorite things to do.

#31 - Visit Washington D.C. - The timing could not have been more perfect for Becca to want to surprise Nick with a trip to Washington for his birthday! I got to kill two birds with one stone by completing a goal and spending time with friends at the same time! We had a great time at the Smithsonian (Air & Space and American History Museums), which contributed to goal #75 - Go to five different museums I've never been to before. The monuments were amazing to see, especially the WWII Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial. One day was not nearly long enough for us to see everything, though, so I'm sure we'll be back. Photos from DC can be found here.

#69 - Go to the Bronx Zoo, and #73 - Bake Gourmet Cupcakes, were both completed yesterday and will be receiving their own blog posts shortly. :)

1 comments:

JQH said...

You're welcome! I am looking forward to crossing some things off my list as well =)

Post a Comment